Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Poop Scoop

I love the news! This just in:

A man from Portland, Maine was caught hiding in the bottom of an outhouse at a campsite... again. Supposedly, the first time this guy was caught, he claimed he lost his wedding ring. This time, however, I think it's obvious he didn't have much time to think of a clever alibi. When asked what the hell he was doing in a shit latrine again, he claimed he lost, get this... his shirt.

When I was in the Peace Corps, I used an outhouse (in fact, the picture I've provided is the outhouse I used). There were volunteers who would accidentally drop money, cell phones, or other valuables in their own outhouses. It happens. It's best to just think of it as an abyss - if it falls down there, you are never getting it back. (You can read more about some of my adventures with outhouses from my old blog, Mike Likes Peace.)

As for Mr. Partial to Poop, I'm quick not to judge because, you know, some people just have strange fetishes. But the bottom line is it's creepy and illegal. All in all, it's just a crappy situation (I couldn't resist).

For more information on this poo piece, head over to Boing Boing's commentary on the "two-time turd spelunker" as they call him.

No comments:

Post a Comment