Saturday, June 6, 2009

Drunken Theory 101

A friend of mine had a barbecue last night. I drank. Then we went to 2 bars where I drank some more. Then I was in a taxi, and then I was in my apartment and it was 3 am. I found a pencil. You see, sometimes after I drink too much, I think I'm Michel Foucault...

"The stroke of your hand means nothing. Your hand is just an interpreter for your brain. The ideas I scribe have nothing to do with my fingers or this pencil; rather, they're all offspring from my imagination. The brain struggles to be remembered because the hand cannot keep up. The hand tries to achieve what only the brain can; it can take credit, but the mind is unique, the mind is singular in its phenomenal accomplishments. When things flow at their best, the brain writes; the pencil flows from the hand without realization. It's just the messenger, but even lower - a pawn. The hand is essential in the 'communication of ideas' process, but it is the least significant, least creative. But without the hand ideas are trapped inside the head with no outlet. It is a necessary, but uneven relationship."

Oh, there's more...

"Every day is a world within itself - a world not to be taken for granted. Some days our worlds are filled with war and anger, some days love, some days boredom. But a day without breathing in the fresh air of life and it's possibilities is a world wasted, a world unplumbed and faded - an 'unworldly' world, ignorant to it's own miraculousness and infinite beauty."

I kind of like that one.

This, however, is my favorite:

"I have ten fingers, but calling them 'fingers' alone makes me different. A monkey doesn't know he has fingers - a human does. Why? Why must we know? Aware - we're aware! It makes everything more painful - loss, love, life!
We teach, we learn, we retain, we alter, we destroy! The beat be pumpin', pumpin'!"

WTF?

Here's all the proof in it's messy, embarrassing glory:

No comments:

Post a Comment