Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Is It Christmas Yet?

Last night, it smelled like Christmas.

I lay in bed, reading. I cracked open the window to let in some of the chill. I quickly slipped under the covers and tucked myself in (which consists of me repeatedly and violently chopping my arms under my calves and thighs, pushing my duvet under myself as much as I possibly can until I can't move). I propped up my pillows (fluff, fluff, stack).

I inhaled. The scent from an oakey burn emitting from a fireplace in the distance slowly crept through the window screen and straight into my awaiting nostrils. I could almost see the smell. It was cold, but it was comfortable. It was the best sleep I've had in a while.

Well, oh holy night, now I'm listening to Christmas music. You may claim it's too early. I disagree. October kicks off the holiday season as far as I'm concerned, and it's October. Target is carrying Christmas lights and K-Mart is advertising layaway. Bring on the bells!

No comments:

Post a Comment