Thursday, August 13, 2009

Writer's Block Party

Dear Readers,

I have failed you. It has been almost 2 weeks since I have updated my blog. I have been having an unbelievably terrible streak of total lack of creativity, motivation, and - yes - discipline. What can I say? It happens to the best of us.

If it makes you feel any better, I have been filling my useless time with even more useless activities such as the following:
1) Shining my lamp directly onto one of my plants to make it grow faster. Does it work? YES! Is it healthy for the plant? I have absolutely no idea. ("Synthesized photosynthesis" anyone?)
2) Watching an entire marathon of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" in one weekend, and quoting Ne-Ne and Sheree non-stop for weeks. ("Who gonna check me, boo?")
3) Moving my furniture every other day and accidentally ripping pieces of paint off the wall. (In case anyone's curious, my walls have been painted 4 times before - I can see all the layers in some spots now.)
4) Studying for the GRE. (Well, maybe that's not so useless.)
5) Baking muffins and eating them... all.
6) Folding my hand towels into interesting shapes in my bathroom.
7) Memorizing the words to French rap songs.
8) Reading the Harry Potter novels - currently on Goblet of Fire.
9) Hanging out in Barnes and Noble so much that now the cafe guy knows my drink. ("Venti Iced Black Tea with Sweetener for Mike!")

But there must be an end to this madness. I will pray to the Writing Fairy tonight and ask her to shower me with Creativity Glitter and Motivation Dust. I will welcome here freely into my bedroom and gladly follow her advice. I will even watch less television and slow down my Netflix queue if she says to - just as long as I don't wake up with a deadline under my pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment