Friday, August 28, 2009

August: 1, Michael: 0 (Final Score)

Well, it turns out that August was certainly not National Blog-Writing Month for yours truly. Over here at Chez Moran, things have been pretty busy. When a total lack of creativity is combined with a total occupation of personal time, the results are not so good on the "being disciplined" front when it comes to writing.

Therefore, I've come up with a short sort of "August in Review" with a lofty promise to follow.

August in Review: Kickball, job interviews, softball practices, weekend camping trips, obsessive furniture moving, compulsive errand running, a couple of dates, massive cereal consumption, house guests, volunteering, and a whole lot of watching True Blood.

Okay, now I've come to this sort of compromise - I'm throwing in the towel for August. August, you got the best of me - you win. However, while defeated and admittedly cowering a bit in my own little corner, I am promising you a much more prodigious September. With September comes the beginning of fall, a time when leaves fall from trees, the temperature drops and the happy summer moods of most people are decreased to depressed realizations that a whole year must pass before it can all happen again. However, my blog will stand tall to fall. With fortitude and loyalty, he will deliver. There is a lot in his favor after all - a softball tournament in Vancouver and a 2 week vacation in Scandinavia. If these events don't spark creative flames in me, I'm not sure what will.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment