Friday, January 7, 2011

2010 Musical Highlights

A tad too lazy for creating a thorough top ten album list for 2010 (not to mention, totally delayed).

The circumstances for 2010 were strange for me in general, and unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to pay attention to the music scene as much as I normally would. Regardless, I'd still like to share some of my favorite songs from the year.

No rankings, no explanations, no need:

The Roots (feat. Joanna Newsom & STS), "Right On"


M.I.A., "Space"


Arcade Fire, "We Used to Wait"


The National, "Sorrow"


Robyn, "Indestructible"


Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, "Better Things"


Black Keys, "Too Afraid to Love You"


Fatboy Slim & David Byrne, "Here Lies Love"



... and because I can't resist. I don't know why I love this song so much.

Flo Rida (feat. David Guetta), "The Club Can't Handle Me"



I can say quite confidently that I am missing many favorites that I had, but have just forgotten. Here's hoping 2011 is a better year for music... or at least, a better year for musical posterity by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment