Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cheeky-Chic! Apartment Decorating

What? It's July? How did that happen? Well, I certainly cannot control time, so I have decided to look at this in a positive way. It's a fresh start. Therefore, July has officially become apartment decorating month for me. (And it's about time!)

Today I bought a couch for my apartment... finally! I am very excited. I got a good deal and it's not overly ugly, just a little bit. Given certain budget constraints, I have been collecting various furniture pieces, knick-knacks and display items from extremely cheap stores like Ikea, Ross and, yes you guessed it, Goodwill. I've amassed quite the bounty, so I am excited to put it all to use once my couch comes tomorrow.

As July progresses, I will certainly update you on how the decorating is coming. I will also take pictures of the end results.

For now, here a few pictures of some things you will soon find hanging around my digs. So far, it seems like I am going for a style I like to call "cheeky-chic" or "iconic-ironic" - hopefully some of these pictures will explain why.





No comments:

Post a Comment